The Room 217 Foundation is a social enterprise that uses music to change the culture of care.
- Develop, produce, and sell designed music care products and programs
- Educate and train caregivers to integrate music into regular practice
- Collaborate on research inquiries about music care application
- Consult with caregivers and facilities on music care optimization
- Provide music care products to vulnerable people removing cost as a barrier
We have developed the music care approach, a relational approach to care. Music care empowers all care partners to use sound and music as a holistic, human solution for care challenges in all settings.
Our goal is to see music become a primary approach to care.
While the body of our work takes place in Canada, we are beginning to extend our reach into the UK and the USA.
We believe that:
- Every human is of ultimate worth and worthy of care.
- Music has the capacity to bring healing to every dimension of the human experience
- Collaboration brings strengthened outcomes and mutual support
- Excellence provides a platform for success
- Care is about being intentional in everything we do