2014 marks an exciting year for Room 217 Foundation, with the launch of two new education opportunities: A Music Care Certificate Program and a FREE Webinar Series.
The Music Care Certificate Program will train caregivers of all kinds to be confident, skilled and informed deliverers of music care. And a free webinar series will offer the same quality guest lectures we’ve come to know at Music Care Conferences, right from the comforts of your own computer. Registration is now open for both these programs!
Music Care Certificate Program
This 3-level program will train caregivers to become competent in using practical music care skills, build confidence using music, and apply music care skills to their practice.
Level 1 PILOT COURSE will be offered for the first time in the Spring of 2014. This 12 hour course will prepare you to:
- Apply music care strategies to target specific goals
- Learn practical music skills to use in your care practice
- Practice music care techniques with supervision and feedback
- Develop a strategic plan for a music care program in your practice
Music Care Webinar Series
2014 Webinar Series 1
- 2nd Wednesday of the month, 3:30-4:30 p.m.
- 60 minutes including a Q & A period
- No cost, but registration required
- Making Meaningful Connections: Music in Dementia Care
- Honouring our Elders: Using Music and Narrative in Long Term Care
- Music and Healing in Cancer Care
- A Song Says a Thousand Words: Songwriting with Patients and Caregivers
- The Beat Goes On: Drums and the Brain
- Music Hearing in Older Adults: An Audiologist’s Perspective
For more information, contact Sarah Pearson, Program Development Coordinator [email protected]