Calgary, Alberta - October 25, 2014
- Learn and experience how music is connected to our well-being throughout our lifespan.
- Listen to how local people in Alberta are using music in care:
- Jennifer Buchanan, President of JB Music and local guests
- Music and Parkinson's Disease with Dr. Bin Hu - Suter Professor for Parkinson's research, Director of Movement Disorders Program Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgay
- Using Music in Palliative Care with Dr. Steve Mitchinson, Paul Pumbolt and Bev Foster
- Singing with no wrong notes with Melanie Boyd, Program facilitator, University of Calgary
- Enjoy Inuit Singer/Songwriter Susan Aglukark live as closing keynote performer.
- Be inspired by keynote speakers Jason and Marjorie Crigler as they share their remarkable journey with Music and Stroke Recovery
- Be entertained by local musical group: The Calgary Fiddlers.
- Learn how music is connected to our memories in Music and Dementia Care with Robin Rio, Associate Professor of Music Therapy, Arizona State University.
- Discover how you can use music more effectively in caring for your loved ones and clients.
- It's a great price! $115 early registration, seniors and students $95 including refreshments and lunch (plus tax)
- It's the first time, the Music Care conference, is coming to Alberta
- NETWORK - make some new friends who share your music care passion
For more information and to register, visit: www.musiccareconference.ca